Book Club Reporter-About the Editor
I'm Laura Jay, editor of Book Club Reporter. I'm here to make it easy for you to find books for you and your book club. Look for the handy “Get a Copy” links throughout this site which will take you to Amazon for book purchases. About Spoilers: Upon the rare occasion that a spoiler is coming, a Spoiler Alert will be provided, so you can avoid it.
Hello Gentle Readers, I would like to tell you a little bit about me, and about Book Club Reporter (BCR) too. As editor of BCR, I endeavor to provide you with insightful book reviews, book club recommendations and lots more information about the books you and I love to read.
- I am dedicated to providing you with the information you need to help you choose the best and most popular books for you and your book club members.
- Book Club Reporter Podcast: In 2019 I created a book review podcast.
- If your preferred source of information is via podcasts, you can now listen to Book Club Reporter book reviews on the BookClubReporter Podcast.
- I am the leader of my own local book club in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- English was my favorite subject in school.
- I have always loved to read and spent much of my childhood in the library.
- I read most of the classics in grade school and up through high school.
- I attended St. John's University in New York City, as well as The University of Texas at Arlington.
- For the last fifteen years, my profession has required me to read legal documents, and to be able to explain, and accurately reflect, the information therein. Yes, my eyes are tired by the end of each work day.
- Audiobooks have given me back the joy of reading. Well, listening really, but I still love it!
- Book Club Reporter is a "labor of love" and acts as a way for me to "spread the joy" about the books I read and enjoy.
I wish you all happy reading!
A Word About Audiobooks
Book Club Reporter Loves Audiobooks
I discovered that I love audiobooks! I didn't think I would, but it was surprisingly easy to get used to. Now I am hooked! I can listen to my books so much more now. Most of my bookclub members are also enjoying audiobooks as well. But, don't get me wrong, I still love to curl up by the fireplace with a good book. Nothing really replaces the feeling of a good page-turner. But audiobooks are great for listening to our latest favorite books while running, walking and/or jogging.
Disclaimer: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.